I'm bored and want to hear everyones hot takes on the bot situation on classic wow and going into TBC


So i'm going to open this up with a story, I was chilling with the boys and I saw a female night elf hunter in the location i was mob grinding, her name was lsdyossk, a respectable player name, now I play on a pvp server, unfortunately, im alliance and that is a night elf. so I was like awe shucks, casted fear on her turtle, the turtle runs into the water and the night elf chases after it, shortly after I see she drowned herself chasing the turtle. Respectable player.​So my question is, we kinda knew this would be a thing, and we also know, if you played classic wow, that the said bot will usually be farming in that location, endlessly, for multiple days, getting maybe 1-2 levels a day once they are level 40+. So they are kinda a blaring target. Why do people think it is so "hard" to control bots.​If the bots have extremely obvious routing, and pathing, and you can so easily ban a account, why is this so hard to control? I want to hear a explanation for what peoples opinions are on it. Because bots lead to a lot of hurt on the economy and decreases the integrity of the game.​My opinion is it isn't hard at all and we just need blizzard to hire someone to develop a UI for GM's to use that are integrated with bot reports and information on bot hotspots to patrol. Like, if your a GM and you have a clean UI that has a list of "suspected bot players" and that long list sais the reported players location and name, so you see a long list of like Loitspullkh in tanaris, you can have a strong hunch its a bot.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen