Classic Hero Talents


I’m primarily coming at this from a seasoned horde warrior perspective, so bear with me…Having seen the first draft at Mountain Thane (ick), I’m overall really excited about new ways to express class fantasy, but I have a few major concerns. Mountain Thane as a name is applicable to like…dwarves and only dwarves. I am so sympathetic to those that love WC3 and want to be Muradin, but like…what’s my Tauren who comes from the Plains of Mulgore got to do with mountain king fantasy? Additionally, while I do like the thunder warrior themes, it feels like we straight up are replacing Enhancement Shaman with Fury Warrior now. I would be concerned about overdoing a niche fantasy in such a way as to infringe on an entire class specialization. Hero talents that force you to take talents in the tree are going to make the whole customizability of the revamped trees feel a LOT worse. Thane looks to force you into 2, possibly 3 (Thunder Clap, Avatar, and potentially Ravager) talents. It’s most egregious when the forced talents are capstones, like Avatar and Ravager (near capstone, anyways). Here is how I would remedy both of these concerns, but feel free to add your own suggestions instead:Rename Mountain Thane to Stormforged. This doesn’t fully resolve the concern I have about infringing on Enhancement, but it does release some of the tension by carving out a particular thematic niche. Stormforged Warriors are those that are blessed by the heavens to smash and conquer and destroy; Enhancement Shamans on the other hand use their mastery of the elements to smash and conquer and…wait I’ve heard this before…I wouldn’t have gone with thunder warriors as my first choice, but this is an easy way for moo cows or blood elves or undead or night elves to feel cool class fantasy and not entirely shafted by Dwarves. I think any talents required for a hero spec NEED to be early accessed OR straight up granted to players upon spending the first hero talent point. Admittedly, I don’t know if either of these solutions are the best for. Feel free to add on or critique or idk give me a reference to work on class design if you think i’m onto something! via /r/wow https://ift.tt/vyeZIoD

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen