Classic Healing in WoW


I have been playing healer since WOTLK so I have seen many changes and introductions to new mechanics over the years, but something specifically gets under my skin.Playing healer on explosive weeks is a pain by itself, but being called a bad healer and getting kicked because you let someone die once during a big pull is really upsetting. This is especially true when most DPS don't know what healers need to deal with. It's not as simple as just keeping everyone alive. A lot of decision-making and cooldown management goes into it. We also need to DPS, dodge mechanics, dispell, purge (for shammys), and read where everyone is currently standing and where they are moving to in order to heal through their mistakes. Now, adding explosives to the mix and it becomes a shitshow pretty quickly, especially in large pulls.​I think it is time that healers go on strike and refuse to do "healer" mechanics like explosives, and have the DPS deal with that stress for once. It feels like healers are just overloaded with responsibility with all the different mechanics we need to deal with, while DPS players merely need to do damage and interrupt.I know that it sounds like I am merely butthurt, which may be, but also rightfully so. Healing has become super stressful and all the blame if something goes wrong usually falls on the healer. Explosives is just one example of many things that fall on the healer. It is not enjoyable anymore and it seems that healer players have had to adapt and learn how other classes play in order to be effective healers, but the same cannot be said for other specs.​I have added an image of a +11 RLP that I did earlier today, showing the explosives done and the total healing done. In this key, I was shunned as a "bad healer" and kicked because one of the DPS died while the tank pulled both packs before the last boss. With that many mobs, there were explosives going off all over the place.​Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk. Sorry for the rant. Am I wrong for feeling like this? Do I have things backwards? Let me know what you guys think. I would like to hear from healers, tanks and DPS players alike. via /r/wow https://ift.tt/HQ8ZEBX

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen