Classic So… what happens now?


Now, listen, I’m not all that much of a World of Warcraft player nor am I an expert in the lore or whatever, I’m not gonna lie. But World of Warcraft has always been something that has interested me for a lot of reasons, for reasons including interesting characters and fascinating approaches to tropes and staggeringly in-depth lore, and I like to take a look at how the story’s been developing every now-and-then. But lately I haven’t really heard good about the newest Expansion, especially on how terrible the story is and how they’ve massacred arcs and such; one thing I’ve apparently heard is how terrible the current ending is, and how it’s just setting us up for another “Oooh but they were really trying to prepare us for another EVEN GREATER threat” story. So like, I genuinely have to ask: what even is next? We’ve kind of reached the peak of escalation at this point, since we’ve defeated the Legion and Sargeras and this Jailer dude who came out of nowhere, saved basically the universe and everyone’s souls in the afterlife, apparently Sylvanas got redeemed and has to basically do community service or whatever, so I don’t really know how we can continue anything resembling a coherent storyline at this point. What happens now? Where are we gonna go next? What is it we’re even gonna fight now? We’ve literally been everywhere now, and killed everything at least once, even quite literally at this point.. At this point do we just transcend the 4th Wall and invade the real world to stop Activision-Blizzard itself at the source? We’re kind of in a corner now as far as I’m aware. I’m kind of hoping we just loop back around to something more simple or “down-to-Earth/Azeroth(?)”, like everyone just being fed up with yearly Apocalypse-tier events and just refusing to fight. via /r/wow https://ift.tt/3rc8TkH

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen