Classic WoW needs FF14's "Trials" - I took a break from WoW to experience Final Fantasy XIV, and this was my biggest takeaway


Hi all,After BfA Madness, I hopped on the FFXIV train with some friends. This post is not intended to go in depth about FF, talk about why which game is better, etc etc - no flame wars here.Instead, I wanted to highlight a system in FFXIV that blew me away, that I dearly wish WoW had.In XIV, there's: 4 man dungeons, equivalent to WoW 5 mans 8 man raids, somewhat equivalent to WoW raids, just a bit more sectioned 24 man alliance raids, mostly equivalent to WoW raids and a variety of other content which can be compared. But one unique system is FF14's trialsTrials are 8 man, single boss fights. They are, in my opinion, the highlight of FF14. There's no trash, no wings, just you, 7 friends, and a big bad. You fight the big bad. You win, it's over, gg.What makes them so special?While some of the success is certainly due to other systems within ffxiv, they still stand strong on their own. Trials are where the artists, sfx, vfx, and designers can really flex their muscles. Hyper-focusing on one boss, the visuals and designs of these fights are amazing and over the top. While I can't go into the details without spoiling story (as everything XIV is part of its linear main story), there are experiences that really can't be replicated within this system.I think a system like this would greatly benefit wow. It gives the bads more time in the spotlight, serves as a great storytelling area, and really lets the designers go nuts. via /r/wow https://ift.tt/2GiW1NS

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen