Classic Since there has been so much discussion recently about PvP scaling, let me share how I abused my way to 2100 rating in a few days at the start of BfA!


When BfA launched, it had been a long time since I had played the game. I always enjoyed the fantasy of getting strong gear and beating people to death because I had done the work to get there, and legion made it impossible for me to do that, at least in instanced PvP. So when I heard that PvP templates were gone I was happy, since I could have some casual fun in BGs and maybe in arenas. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. At the beginning of BfA, people quickly figured out how scaling worked. I saw moonkins topping the damage meters in BGs while naked. I just couldnt believe my eyes, how we went from a bad system to an even worse one...So I started messing with gear, trying to see if I could abuse the system somehow. We quickly realized that using low level gear with absolutely stupid procs, like the Unstoppable force (8 second stun proc...) was BiS in PvP because not only did it work, but your damage was 100% the same. Stunlocking people for 20 seconds was pretty hilarious, but it got patched out fast, however it was enough time for us to hit 2k. Then we discovered that using cataclysm gear with sockets and putting a ton of gems would make you do dumb amounts of damage, at which point I got 2.1k rating and I realized BfA pvp was an untested mess that was not only unfun but also broken, so me and my arena mate quit the expac for good.Its pretty disappointing to see that, after 2 years, the mess that is PvP scaling is still untouched and as broken as ever, and will be for shadowlands. I guess this game is not for PvPers anymore? via /r/wow https://ift.tt/3hLlSvV

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen