Classic Although BFA has been an uneven expansion to say the least, I think Mechagon is some of the best content they've ever made. Here's hoping they use it as a model in the future.


I'm a couple patches too late, as I took a break to play classic and got back into my schoolin', but I felt the need to talk about Mechagon in some fashion because I've been having a blast.Where to start?The flavor: It's a remote island of robot-gnomes who are fighting against the oppressive regime of an even more robot-gnome (some would call him the robotist-gnome to ever live). It's completely silly and absurd, and has no effect on the overall plot of BFA. I think this is important because Mechagon is so isolated as a piece of content that you can't compare it with the rest of the expansion; it escapes the worst pitfalls of BFA. It reminds me of single player expansions like The Pit for Fallout 3 or The Shivering Isles for Oblivion: small, self-contained stories with unique and fun mechanics.The surprises: I've avoided pretty much all information about Mechagon, and every day has brought something to my attention that makes me laugh or excites me. I found the blue punchcard that increases your lung capacity by 1000% and chuckled for a good minute at the absurd image of my dwarf ramming spare parts into his lungs to breathe better. I soon replaced it with the hacking blue punchcard and realized that Pascal King has a hidden item to craft. The island feels lived in with dynamic events and objectives that change from day to day; even the mobs aren't the same. When Chromie teleported me to apocalypse-Mechagon? That was fucking cool.The mechanics: I guess I'm using this term loosely because it's tied pretty intricately with flavor, but collecting blueprints, crafting silly items (and sillier weapons), and slowly figuring out how to defeat / summon rare mobs has been immensely satisfying. Like it feels great to craft the beastbot powerpack or the hundred-fathom lure and announce that you're activating the encounters, or finding a drill rig and contributing to it. Additionally, working on a mount day-by-day has been fantastic.And man, I haven't even done the dungeon yet! I'm waiting for that quest to pop at some point.Mechagon is really special. via /r/wow https://ift.tt/36IDL8e

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen