BEWARE OF THE "Amazing, mind-blowing offer scam" !!!!!


Okay if you've ever idled in trade chat chances are you have probably seen a guy who spams, "WTB faction and server change, have an amazing mind-blowing offer you can't pass up". THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM!!!! It is also, against Blizzard ToS because what he wants you to do is Real Money Trading (RMT).After seeing this, it reminded me of a Ted Talk where someone replied to a spam email and tried wasting as much of the scammers time as possible. I decided to try and do this but with WoW. I whispered him in-game and right away he told me to get on discord to discuss. Let me tell you, he tried wasting no time and said he wanted a faction and server change in retail in exchange for classic gold, but claimed I had to buy a gift card from G2A for €50 euro, which is about $55 usd, in order to complete the deal. His offer was 1300 classic gold for a €50 euro gift card. If you don't know the reason why he wants gift card codes is because they are non-refundable. This was the biggest red flag because 1300 gold in classic is worth roughly $400 usd and you know the old saying, if it's too good to be true than it is probably a scam.I managed to get him to screen share with me for a couple of seconds and he showed me his in-game character that he scams on. I have two images to explain.Image 1: https://ift.tt/2NxzpcC indicated picture is of him displaying his character with a supposed 6500 gold in his inventory. It's a fraud. He's using a program to change the value of gold in his inventory to display 6500 to give off the illusion he actually has it. I knew because I asked him to type the gold amount into a trade window which can't be faked. He tried dodging by saying "I lost 20mill in MoP you don't know trades black mark the account". It's a straight up lie and when I confronted him about this he responded "you don't know blizz GMs". Why would blizzard track gold typed into a trade window? Simple, they don't. They only track completed trades and this just proved he didn't have the gold and was trying to save face.Image 2: https://ift.tt/2qRFicG, he's showing me his discord and his conversation with another victim. As you can see he messages multiple people with a pathetic attempt at social engineering them at the same time. He tries to be as efficient as possible if you end up being smart you get blocked instantly.It's sad to say that he probably gets a lot of people with this scam. I mean if he didn't why would he keep doing it? What I don't understand is what he does with the blizzard balance once he redeems the scammed gift cards. If any of you have any theories or stories of scams you've come across please share them.TLDR: Watch out for scams that break ToS

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen