Blizzard's policy of applying silences instead of bans is really stupid


So I fucked up last night, used some language that was maybe a bit too edgy. Not anything too crazy, no racial slurs, no homophobic slurs, just maybe telling some guy that his mom sucked a certain something. And some f bombs. Anyway, yeah I probably crossed a line.But what is my punishment? A month long silence. Silenced until november 1st. I guess I have been an edgy boy in retail in the past (althought that was LONG ago, literally haven't played retail for over a year), and these silences just get longer and longer with each one. But the result of that is that you can get an INSANELY long silence for even minor offenses. A silence means I can't whisper anyone, I can't reply to anyone's whispers, I can't use say, can't use yell, can't use chat channels. I pretty much can't play the game for a month anyway, because not being able to do these things means not being able to get groups. It's no big deal in retail, but in Classic it's an absolute wall that blocks you off from most content.In my opinion they should just hand out bans for offenses like this. I would have been fine with a 3 day ban or even a week ban. Much rather that then being able to play the game, but not being able to do anything meaningful while playing it for a month.Anyway, yeah I fucked up, no excuses, my own fault, but I think the way of punishing these offenses is wrong. Just wanted to get that off my chest. Also a PSA, be a good boy. Really. An f bomb too many is enough to get you silenced if it pisses off a bunch of people who then right click report you.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen